St. Petersburg, May 24, 2015, 16:31 – REGNUM In St. Petersburg on the Foundry Avenue, 24 ( House Muruzi) the official opening of the museum Brodsky “Fifteen rooms” dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the poet. On this day, May 24, the correspondent of IA REGNUM .
The unique exhibits related to the life and work of the poet, will be displayed permanently only after completion of repairs, and it will end if there is the necessary means, at best, only in the end of the year. The problem lies more in the fact that the apartment Brodsky is still listed in the housing stock, so can not yet fully on the right to move into the category of museum premises.
This is a modest, long ago left the room a poet – he lived here with his parents from 1955 to 1972. The reconstituted now “half room” in a communal apartment number 28 represented Brodsky diaries and photographs. From the windows of visible Transfiguration Cathedral.
As explained by the director of the Museum of Akhmatova Nina Popova, on this day in communal “apartments” Brodsky used to gather his friends, and again, the interior should not be “artificial” – it should be true, without falsehood transmit the spirit of the time and work of the poet.
As previously reported IA REGNUM , in Akhmatova Museum (a museum Brodsky its branch) is stored 4500 original items of Joseph Brodsky .
Recall Muruzi House – a former apartment house in St. Petersburg, was built in 1874 – 1877 years for Prince Alexander Muruzi. Since 1890, before the revolution, the house owned by Lt. Gen. Rhine. The last decade of the XIX century there lived Merezhskovsky and Gippius, subsequently there was a Public Reading Room, which contained the grandmother of the poet and translator Vladimir Piast, a close friend of Alexander Blok. And in the early 1920s at the initiative of Nikolai Gumilyov was established here Petrograd House of poets. Joseph Brozsky lived here in 1955 and 1972.
If you notice a mistake in the text, select it and press Ctrl + Enter, to send information to the editor.