Kaluga, August 23, 2015, 13:36 – REGNUM Special cancellations philatelic products, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of Kaluga Svyatopolk Lavrentiev Monastery held today, August 23, in Kaluga, BelTA IA REGNUM spokesman AFPS Kaluga region – a branch of “Russian Post” Olga Lines.
The ceremony was attended by interim Acting Governor of the Kaluga region Anatoly Artamonov and Metropolitan of Kaluga and Borovsk Clement .
Especially for this event, on request of the Kaluga branch of the Russian Post, publishing center “Marka “issued a postage stamp and postal card with the image of the saint blessed Lawrence Kaluga and historical views of St. Lavrentiev Monastery.
Also, the Office FPS Kaluga region, together with the Kaluga Metropolitan of the Russian Orthodox Church has issued a set of six unmarked postcards” Monasteries Earth Kaluga ».
Kaluga St. Lavrentiev Monastery was founded in 1515 when the Kaluga was an independent principality. It is the oldest monastery in the city of Kaluga and Kaluga throughout the land. The monastery is named after St. Lawrence righteous Kaluga.
Recall that the righteous Lawrence kaluzhane revered not only as a holy man, but as a defender of the city. In 1812 Kaluga got militia banners, which on one side was a picture of the Kaluga Icon of the Mother of God, on the other – the holy righteous Lawrence. Banner was also with Russian soldiers and the Crimean War in 1855 – 1856 years.
If you notice a mistake in the text, select it and press Ctrl + Enter, to send information to the editor.